Nenzel 1920
Home Page Area History Nenzel Genealogy Family Tree Data Heritage Plaques Range Garden Contact Us

 Links Factory Direct Granite

 
This village, 30 miles west of Valentine, on highway No. 20 and also on the railroad, was established in 1885 by George Nenzel, upon whose homestead it is located. Mr. Nenzel built the first frame building in the town which was used as a store, post office, hotel and living quarters for his family.

The village which he named was incorporated June 23, 1899. Mr. Nenzel was the first postmaster and he built the first school house that was destroyed by fire before it was completed. Another school building was constructed and served as both school and church until 1908 when St. Mary's Church was erected.

George Nenzel and Family
George Nenzel 1 & Family


 

© 1998 David Design & Consulting - All Rights Reserved.
This page has been viewed 57253 Times.